What’s “Fe Membership”?
FUJI ELECTRIC Fe Library (“Fe Library”) is a service operated by FUJI ELECTRIC CO., LTD. (“we”, “our”, or “us”) and our affiliates.
If you sign up for Fe Membership, become an Fe Library member, you can access all technical information including but not limited to technical data, manuals, and sample programs in Fe Library free of charge. You can also use an e-learning system provided by us and our affiliates. You can download documents relating to our and our affiliates’ products. So more detailed information relating to them is available at hand. Furthermore, various pieces of information relating to our and our affiliates’ products such as new product information will be sent to you by e-mail, post, facsimile, or telephone if you request such information when you sign up.
Notice regarding sign-up
When you click [I Agree] at the bottom of this page, you are deemed to have agreed to these Fe Membership Terms & Conditions.
Notice for people living in EEA countries
If you live in any of the EEA (European Economic Area) countries, please read the following before you sign up.
(1) Your registered Member Information and information collected in accordance with Article 5.2 (your personal data) will be transferred to Japan and stored in our server in Japan.
As of February 1, 2018, Japan has not obtained a decision from the European Commission regarding the adequacy of its protection of personal data. However, we and jointly utilizing entities defined in Article 5.5 will strictly manage your personal data in accordance with the “Fe Membership Terms & Conditions.”
- (2) If you do not provide your personal data, you may not sign up and use service provided to an Fe Library member.
- (3) You may withdraw your consent for use and transfer of your personal data at any time by following the process to withdraw your Fe Membership.
- (4) You have the right of data portability applicable to your personal data. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and us.
- (6) Usage of global IP address which is used to access our website corresponds to usage of Cookie mentioned above.
Fe Membership Terms & Conditions
Article 1 (Sign-up and Membership)
- You (including a legal entity or an organization in case you are its staff member in charge) shall agree to these Terms & Conditions and follow a certain process on a sign-up screen in Fe Library to obtain Fe Membership.
- After you sign up in accordance with Article 1.1 above, you may download technical information including but not limited to technical data, manuals and sample programs provided at Fe Library and use them to the extent permitted in these Terms & Conditions by using the User ID and a password provided by us when you sign up. You can also use an e-learning system provided by us and our affiliates.
Article 2 (Management of User ID and Password)
The following actions relating to Fe Membership User ID and password are prohibited.
In case you do any of the following actions, we will terminate your Fe Membership without prior notice:
- (1) Giving or assigning your User ID and password to any third party;
- (2) Acquiring a User ID by registering false information;
- (3) Using a User ID and a password acquired by any third party or in an unauthorized manner.
Article 3 (Withdrawal)
- In case you wish to withdraw your Fe Membership, please follow a certain process on a withdrawal screen in Fe Library or notify the Fuji Electric Fe Library Membership Management Office of such withdrawal by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In case you follow the withdrawal process in Fe Library, the process is completed when completion is indicated on the withdrawal screen. In case you notify the Fuji Electric Fe Library Membership Management Office, it will take some time for the withdrawal process to be completed.
- In case you have not used Fe Library for one (1) year or more after your last use of it, you will be deemed to have withdrawn and we will follow the withdrawal process on behalf of you. The same shall apply in case you fail to change your information in accordance with Article 4 despite the fact that your address or e-mail address has been changed and then we cannot reach you for six (6) consecutive months or more.
- In case your violation of these Terms & Conditions is found, you will be deemed to have withdrawn on the date of such violation and we will follow the withdrawal process on behalf of you.
- In case you wish to use Fe Library again after you have withdrawn in accordance with Article 3.1 or Article 3.2, please sign up again.
Article 4 (Change of Your Information)
In case your registered information including but not limited to the name of your organization/company, department, address, phone number, and e-mail address (“Member Information”) changes, please follow the change process promptly on the “Member Information Change Screen” in Fe Library.
Article 5 (Use and Management of Your Information)
- We strictly manage Member Information and other information collected in accordance with Article 5.2 (collectively “Your Information”) to prevent loss, misuse, and change by someone other than you of Your Information. We will erase, at our own liability, Your Information in case you withdraw.
- We will collect, survey, and analyze information regarding how you use Fe Library (including but not limited to the viewing history of Fe Library and download history of documents) and information regarding how you use an e-learning system and your score.
- We will use Your Information for the following purposes until you complete a withdrawal process after you sign up for Fe Membership:
- (1) Operation of Fe Library;
- (2) Provision of product information and technical information of us and our affiliates, and announcement of various events and services of us and our affiliates;
- (3) Suggestion of solutions using our products and those of our affiliates, and collect your opinion about them;
- (4) Development and marketing relating to our products and services and those of our affiliates (including but not limited to provision of product samples and questionnaire surveys);
- (5) Provision of an e-learning system relating to our products and services and those of our affiliates, and management of the usage history of the system;
- (6) Display of information regarding how you use Fe Library and an e-learning system;
- (7) Usage of Member Information in other services provided on our website (including but not limited to automatic input of your information);
- (8) Various other announcements necessary to maintain services provided by us and our affiliates.
- We will not disclose or provide Your Information to any third party except in any of the following cases:
- (1) When you have granted permission;
- (2) When disclosure of Your Information is necessary to protect human lives, to prevent injury or suffering, or to protect property, even when permission for such use is not readily forthcoming from you;
- (3) When we disclose Your Information to the extent necessary to outsource some operations required for the purposes provided in Article 5.3 to our business alliance partner or our affiliates; Please note that our affiliates or distributors may contact you directly depending on your address or a product about which you make an inquiry. We will, at our own liability, supervise the handling of Your Information by a trustee.
- (4) When legally required;
- (5) When we disclose Your Information in accordance with Article 5.5 below.
- We will utilize Your Information jointly with some entities as follows.
(1) Scope of jointly utilizing entities
Our affiliates in Japan and overseas listed on our website and distributors of our products and those of our affiliates
(2) Categories of jointly utilized personal data
(3) Utilization purposes for the jointly utilizing entities
Same as in Article 5.3
Entity responsible for the management (including the joint utilization provided in Article 5.5 above) of Your Information.
Gate City Ohsaki, East Tower, 1-11-2, Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0032, Japan
FUJI ELECTRIC CO., LTD. http://www.fujielectric.co.jp/
Article 6 (User License for Technical Information)
Information including but not limited to technical documents, technical news, technical data, user guides, characteristic curve data, outline drawing data, CAD data, specification documents, system cases, user manuals, and instruction manuals provided by us in Fe Library (including e-learning) (“Information”) and various computer programs and software (“Software”) are available for you under the following conditions:
- (1)You may view Information on your computer or print out it for viewing; However, you may not reprint, copy, or alter Information (including printed out information) in whole or in part without our written permission.
- (2)You may not use Software for such purposes other than ordinary purposes as duplication (except to make a backup for yourself), diversion, modification, and analysis of a program; However, in case a document such as a license agreement where terms and conditions are provided is attached to Software or in case there is an instruction guide or a manual for Software separately where terms and conditions are provided, such terms and conditions shall prevail.
- (3)You may not assign or offer a license granted to you for Information and Software to any third party, make Information and Software available for transmission, distribute them, sublicense them, or make them the subject of a security interest;
- (4)Notwithstanding (2) and (3) above, you may duplicate or modify Software in case the description of “COPY FREE” is put on it. In addition, you may distribute such Software to a third party at your own liability;
- (5)We may change or modify Information or Software without prior notice. Please note that in principle, we will not notify you of such change or modification even if you have already downloaded the Information or the Software.
Article 7 (Copyright in Technical Information)
We shall reserve copyright in Information and Software.
Article 8 (Limitation of Liability for Technical Information)
We shall not be liable for any damage caused to you or a third party by your use or unavailability of Information or Software whether foreseeable or not. In addition, we do not warrant that Information and Software do not infringe intellectual property rights of a third party and that they fit your purposes.
Article 9 (Effect of Agreement and Withdrawal)
- When you click [I Agree], you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms & Conditions.
- In case you withdraw, we will terminate the provision of Fe Library upon the completion of the withdrawal process. When you withdraw, you will lose the license granted by Article 6 and you shall immediately delete Information and Software which you own.
Article 10 (Revision)
- We may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time with prior notice of at least one (1) month of the date and the details of such revision to you or by announcing them at our website at least one (1) month prior to such revision.
- In case you use Fe Library after these Terms & Conditions are revised in accordance with Article 10.1 above, you shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms & Conditions on the date of the revision.
Article 11 (Language)
These Terms & Conditions may be written in Japanese and any other languages. However, the Japanese version shall be the original. In the event of any conflict between the Japanese version and another language’s version, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Article 12 (Governing Law)
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Article 13 (Dispute Settlement)
The parties hereto agree that any dispute, doubt, or controversy arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions between you and us shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in Japan as the court of first instance. However, in case you are a legal entity, an organization, or an individual existing in a country or a region other than Japan, such dispute shall be finally settled by arbitration in Tokyo, Japan in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of The Japan Commercial Arbitration Association. The language used in the arbitration shall be Japanese.
The membership registration windows from Company are supported by "SSL encrypted communication" by which input information is transmitted encrypted, to safeguard your personal information.
This page is best viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or higher releases or Firefox 23 or higher releases, with Cookies enabled. With IE8 or higher, choose Internet Options and set the level of "Privacy" to Medium-High or lower. Further, the latest version of Adobe® Reader® is needed to view technical documents.